New Site Features Announced
Over the last couple of weeks we have added some new features to the site, aimed at better facilitating our activities and informing each other (and the public) about current events, particularly the 2010 elections. The new features include:
- Candidate Profiles – Starting now with the Republican primary for district 19 (Ron Wexler’s seat) we have begun to profile the candidates and have developed a scoring system for 9-12 members to use to rate them on the issues. Follow the FL19 link under the “Elections” tab and you can see the profile, print out individual sheets, or print a debate package to take with you to next Monday’s event in Boca Raton.
- Congressional tracking – from the “Elections” tab on the nav bar, you can research the votes, funding and issue positions of our elected Congresspersons. For the 5 districts in our local area (FL16, 19, 20, 22, 23) we have provided links to congress.org (stats, votes, staff, letters from constituents), opensecrets.org (fundraising and influence groups), watchdog.net (earmarks, fundraising, interest groups, speechs), and watchdog.net (analysis of voting record, alignment with groups, sponsorship, bills).
- Calendar and RSVP – As we get ready to migrate away from the meetup site, this website now has an event calendar (“Events” tab) and an RSVP system that you can use to record whether you will attend an event or not. Follow some of the calendar links or look at the posts for events (such as the one for the Monday debate: Click here ) to see the tool in action. You must be registered and logged in to use it.
- Authors’s blogs – For a while now, Shannon’s Corner and the 9-12 Patriot’s Tavern have collected up the postings of our founders. Starting today we have created a system for individual blog pages for frequent authors. A. J. is the first example with the inauguration of “XYZ”. The author’s blogs are reached from the “912 Blog” tab.
- Expanded Members Area – the members section (under the “About 912” tab) has been expanded to allow the entry (when you “edit” your profile) of areas for volunteering. You can check the appropriate boxes for the activities you want to participate in and you will be contacted as new projects get started. You can also enter contact information for the organizers, none of which will appear on the site or be available to anyone but the group leadership.
Enjoy the new features, and feel free to ask any questions you may have at email@example.com