The situation in Haiti is desperate, with most of the city of Port au Prince destroyed. Damage to the airport and port have limited access for relief aid, but many organizations worldwide are pitching in to assist.
Here are some of the local activities that are helping out. Please give them your support:
See also: coalition-of-candidates-team-up-to-save-lives-in-haiti
- The New Beginnings Chapel has established multiple drop points in the area – see Haitian Relief and are working with Missionary Flights who are accepting donations.
- Edward Lynch (candidate for US Congress) will be going with three others from his campaign along with The American Airlines Ambassadors crew on Saturday morning to Haiti. Leaving from Miami International, they will be glad to pick up from Clear Channel Friday Night. Ed has a huge pick up truck. They need MEDICINES, Shoes, clothes, non perishables, water, water purification (tablets), stuffed animals for kids. Anything and everything is welcome. They also need money to purchase more items.
- The Joe Budd campaign is collecting items at his headquarters at 2950 NW 101 Lane , Suite 101, Coral Springs, Fl. between 9 and 5. (954-344-3800) Needs: diapers, formula, clothes, bedding, shoes, etc. (No water please, the army has plenty already) They are also working with Missionary Flights
- Robert Lowry is in process of creating a Help Haiti Rally This Sunday January 17th at 1:30 PM Downtown Hollywood at Young Circle. We expect several bands, raffles, and great food – Bring your family and spread the word!
- Cici’s Pizza in Greenacres, run by Corey Deveronica who is a 9-12 member is having a canned food drive for the Haitian earthquake victims at their location (3024 Jog Road, Greenacres, 33467) that we will be turning into a local church at the end of next week. Call Corey at 954-649-6246
Helping others in time of need is in keeping with our principles and values – please find a way to help out in this time of need.