After performing much research and our due diligence, the leadership of the South Florida 9.12 has decided that Edward Lynch most represents our goals and ideals, and is the best choice to replace Robert Wexler in Florida’s 19th Congressional District. We ask our membership to support his campaign in whatever way they can.

While there are many subjects on which our members disagree, there are a set of fundamental issues that have awakened us, united us, and driven us to act:

• Out of control spending and fiscal irresponsibility of our government
    • TARP, Stimulus bills, bailouts, out of control debt and the deficit
  • Limits on the role of government and adherence to our Constitution
    • The various healthcare bills, cap & trade
  • Treating terrorists like enemy combatants, not like citizens
    • Civil trials instead of military tribunals for the planners of the 9/11 attacks
    • Miranda rights instead of interrogations for captured enemy combatants and terrorists

This endorsement is consistent with our mission statement, which calls us to:

1. Identify like-minded public servants already in office to help us move our agenda forward.
  2. Identify like-minded candidates to replace those public servants that choose to block our agenda.
  3. Encourage citizen interaction and involvement with these public servants to ensure their continued representation of our agenda.

In keeping with our goals, the leadership decided that it was important to consider all 3 candidates for the congressional seat after the primaries, and endorse the individual most able to move our agenda forward.

Senator Ted Deutch’s positions on the issues – his support, in general, of the current administration’s fiscal policies, his faith in perpetually increasing the size of government to solve our problems, as well as his endorsement by the prior Congressman Robert Wexler, and other like-minded individuals – led us to decide that his election would be a setback for our agenda.

The two remaining candidates are Jim McCormick and Edward Lynch. Both gentlemen have expressed comparable conservative positions on the key issues mentioned above, both in line with ours. While most of us knew Mr. Lynch and may or may not have supported him during the primary, we felt it was important to meet Mr. McCormick before committing ourselves to any candidate. Earlier this week, we met separately with both candidates and
evaluated them on the following criteria:

• Knowledge of the issues
  • Ability to articulate why they were running and what they hoped to accomplish
  • Activism – what involvement had they had in the community, in the district and on the key issues
  • Campaign strategy – given the very abbreviated time remaining until the April 13 election – what were they going to do to mobilize the troops and gain support (volunteers, financial support, media etc) to get out the vote amongst affiliated and unaffiliated voters
  • Intensity – ability to devote the energy and time to win the seat.

We enjoyed meeting with Jim McCormick and would appreciate his future involvement in South Florida 912 activities. We believe he would make a fine public servant and should consider other competitive positions in the upcoming county and state elections. However the leadership was unanimous that Edward Lynch was the candidate that came closest to meeting our criteria, and had the best chance of winning the special election.

The South Florida 9.12 Project leadership endorses Edward Lynch for Florida’s 19th Congressional District. We’ve already made a difference in Palm Beach County, our state, and our nation, with the actions and activities that our group has participated in over the last year. Please join us in working to elect Edward Lynch to our United States Congress.

The South Florida 9.12 Project is a non-partisan organization, interested in good government at all levels, and restoring conservative principles to both our government and our lives. The 9.12 refers to 9/12/2001, and tries to capture the feeling we all had as a nation when we put aside our partisan differences to fight the attack on our country. More information can be found at www.southflorida912.org

Comments

9 Responses to “The South Florida 9.12 Endorses Edward Lynch for Florida’s 19th Congressional District”
  1. EdFulop EdFulop says:

Congratulations Mr. Lynch. Carry our torch.

2. FEAR says:

outstanding news! we need to unite as we did on 9/12 to be one great nation again! and this is a great step!

3. Lois O'Brien says:

Thanks for the in-depth study. My vote will certainly be for Ed Lynch. Great job!

4. Edward Lynch says:

I would like to thank all of you for your endorsement. I am so honored and humbled to have it. I will endeavor to do my best to continue to earn your support each and every day as we all work together to put our government back in the hands of “we the people”. This election will be won with voter turnout and grass roots activism and with your group on board, we are well on our way to a victory in April. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Edward

5. ConservativeDiva Ellen Snyder says:

Thank you ALL…xoxo Ed will NOT let us down!! I have given my blood sweat & tears to Ed Lynch because I BELIEVE IN HIM!!!!

6. Andrew33 Andrew33 says:

Andrew33 says:
    February 13, 2010 at 6:36 am
    I med I’d Lynch at DC wooks for US meeting. I am being honest about the fact that was there In suport of a candidate that Mr Lynch is not fond of. However both Ed Lynch w and I lookedd past those differences. Imade clear that I want to support Lynch to try and win Wexler’s seat. As a blogger who duid my share of digging inti Wexlers corruption and tried to get the to get the story out however possible. Fortunately for me. Someone passed the story out and either Lynch found out the same story, or my story got passed around or othersmdiccoverrd the area area. Now to the bottom line. I apprached and his friends at the Lunchmeeting and told them I want to support Lynch. I was honses and Lynch natnaturally got to know me first., but I am fair when it comes co issues between candidates I support. I will not take sides and keep away from such arguments. Lynch treated me as anbother supporter and has treated me as good as anyone could ask. He is even okay with my support of other candidates. At least he knows that my support for him, As anyone else is real. Loyalty is something lacking in his country. Such loyalty to me is exactly what this government need. I have seen Ed Lynch from his serious to his friendly side and I wilI be supporting him and I hope you wll too. I c-host blog and while it is national. I have dne a recent post for Lynch and others i am suoportingl. You can google KOOKS MANIFESTO OR LOOK UP KEEPERFODDKNOWLEDGE.blogspot.com. I give interviews to any candidates. I also post for resistnet, mave ties to DC works for US, and inhave freinds that repost inportant stuff on CBC (conservative blog central)’and several other bigger blogsl. So my support for Lynch is unwavering. and I am open to supporting others so look me up and I will give you a fair shot I will give you a far q&a to start off. Nothing hard. And if there are Qs youn don’t want to answer, you don’t have no questions asked.

7. Congrats Ed you really have worked hard! I look forward to having you at our March Anniversary event 1 year later. It means even more that you were at the first event a year ago.

8. Kathleen says:

I would like to say a huge thank you to the 9/12 members and leaders for your endorsement of Ed Lynch. He is my candidate in my district and I know he is the right man for the job!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. […] candidate can count on lots of volunteer supporters to help in his campaign, because Lynch has been endorsed by the South Florida 9/12 group and by other Tea Party groups.If you want to make a difference, it’s important to get active […]