The 10 Most Valuable Things I Learned About Running A Political Campaign
Editor’s note:Michele Kirk was the campaign manager for Sherry Lee, who ran for County Commission, district 2, capturing 42% of the vote in a 24% Republican district after a very late start.
- Century Village residents will do anything for free food!
- Volunteers cannot be forced, begged, guilted, or coerced . . . hence the definition of VOLUNTEER!
- It really helps if your Candidate is a genius at just about everything!
- Endorsements require the presence of a backbone.
- The Palm Beach Post suffers from temporary bouts of sanity
- Fred and Iris Scheibl are absolutely PRICELESS people! There is no way to explain or describe the kind of help they give so freely.
- There are people that support Candidates and then there are people that sacrifice for Candidates. The latter group changes elections.
- Ted White is much more attractive in person
- Your district is always bigger than you think
- Never underestimate Seniors or the value of new friends